Panel management is an essential practice for insurance carriers to ensure the right firm is assigned to each claims case. Insurers often rely on a large number of law firms to handle their substantial claims litigation caseloads and are constantly looking for ways to not only control their legal spend, but strengthen their relationships with their preferred outside counsel.
The data and functionality available in the Passport® Panel Management Module gives panel managers and claims executives the ability to create and manage panels and associate matters to those panels for case assignment. The module, available for the Passport Claims Defense product, impacts day-to-day case litigation management activities by supplying claims professionals with point-of-decision data and processes to ensure the right firm is paired with the right case at the right cost.
Key features of the Passport Panel Management Module include:
- Robust and intuitive panel management capabilities – create and manage panel criteria and member law firms
- Customizable panel attributes – Passport includes the default criteria of matter type, location, and/or practice area, and provides the ability for organizations to define their own panel attributes
- Panel(s) associated to matters – panels can be assigned to matters that match the panel’s criteria, presenting claims professionals with a list of member firms to choose from for quick case assignment
- Automated firm approval workflow for non-panel firms – assigning a non-panel firm to a matter initiates an approval workflow, routing the firm through an approval process before they can be assigned to a case
- Timekeeper rate definition and billing rules enforcement – users are able to assign panel timekeeper rates by role and Passport automatically enforces panel billing guidelines during invoice review